Great Barrier Reef Eco Adventure offers an exhilarating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. This half day eco tour visits two different snorkel destinations, each with an extraordinary array of marine life and coral species. After a fast 25 minute ride, you are ready to snorkel two fabulous locations at Mackay and Undine Reefs. On most days, the rainforest can be seen along the mainland beach whilst snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef alongside sea turtles, which are found in abundance swimming over reefs full of colourful coral, along with myriads of tropical fish, eagle rays, giant clams and starfish.
The tour begins at Cape Tribulation beach where you board the vessel bound for the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. The Ocean Safari vessel takes a maximum of 25 passengers allowing you to experience tropical paradise and the pleasure of a small group. The vessel is based on the original design of a rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines.
The experienced Skipper and Eco Host ensure the trip is filled with fun and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef and the coastal rainforest of the Daintree, two world heritage areas side by side. Magical memories like these sometimes only happen once in a lifetime.
- An exhilarating 25 minute ride to the outer Great Barrier Reef
- Minimum two hours exploring two different pristine reefs, swimming with turtles and other marine lif
- All snorkel equipment included
- Reef appreciation presentations
- Environmental Management Charge
- Friendly and qualified Skipper and Eco-host
- Courtesy bus pick up and drop off
- Personalised snorkel instruction
What to bring
- A bag including a towel and hat
- A jacket during winter to protect you from wind and for warmth after snorkelling
- Cameras in a waterproof case or Tupperware
- Cash for water, soft drinks, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board
- A sense of humour is always welcome!
- Morning Tour – Departs 8.00am, returns 12.00pm
- Afternoon Tour – Departs 12.30pm, returns 4.30pm (afternoon tour departs during peak seasons only)
Courtesy Bus Timetable
Morning Courtesy bus timetable:
- Cape Tribulation Beach House 07.50am
- Cape Trib Campground 08.00am
- Cape Tribulation Farmstay, Fruit Farm and Rainforest Hideaway: 08.10am
- Ferntree Rainforest Lodge: 08.10am
- PK’s Jungle Village 08.00am (walk across the road to The Turtle Rock Cafe)
- Check in and meeting point is the Turtle Rock Cafe at 08.00am
- Afternoon Courtesy bus timetable:
- Cape Tribulation Beach House 11.50am
- Cape Trib Campground 12.00pm
- Cape Tribulation Farmstay, Fruit Farm and Rainforest Hideaway: 12.10pm
- Ferntree Rainforest Lodge: 12.10pm
- PK’s Jungle Village 12.00pm (walk across the road to the Turtle Rock Cafe)
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.