Enjoy the thrill of jet boating down the majestic trout filled Waiau River, to the serene Lake Manapouri, step foot into ancient beach forests and learn all about this unique location among Fiordland National Park.
Your journey begins with an exhilarating jet boat ride down the Waiau river. A picturesque spot, the Waiau river is lined by ancient beech tree forest and is the Anduin River; the great river of Middle Earth! Featured in the opening scene from The Lord of the Rings! Get the inside-story on The Lord of the Rings filming locations, and the crazy logistics involved in filming.
Experience the thrill and excitement as you cruise down the powerful, surging, Waiau River. Stop in some quiet and tranquil spots, to soak up the amazing surrounds, spot a few trout, and learn about the unique environment and fascinating history.
Suddenly, find yourself out on the breath-taking Lake Manapouri. Surrounded by mountains that have been carved by snow and ice over centuries, experience a sense of wonderment as you gaze at the magnificent mountains and sit in awe of their sheer beauty.
Allow 2 Hours – 75 minutes jet boating + 15 minute walk
- Check-in 15 minutes prior to departure at our office – Located on the Te Anau lakefront
- FREE Parking on site
- Departures are weather dependent – Only heavy rain will affect availability
- Short 7 minute bus ride to the river provided by FJet
- Please wear sunscreen if at all sunny – we’ve got some at the office if you forget!
- Life Jacket
- Spray coat (light, water-proof knee length)
- Secure Storage
- Cold weather accessories if required – hats, gloves and a rug.
- Sunglasses (year round)
- Cameras (especially phones) are highly recommended, as there will be ample time for photos – however all electronics are carried at your own risk
- Dress for the weather – when in doubt, bring a few layers
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.